pel*I*Can Dream

Pelicans...beautiful, awkward, strong, vulnerable...

Within everyone is a dream...

I can dream...

I hope you enjoy!



Tuesday, July 19, 2011

My Narrative from TCRWP - Writing

Cautiously, she comes out of the hallway and into the living room.  Slender, athletic, tiny black sliders and a gray stretchy tube top that she just bought on her own.  In between the top and bottom, her bare, flat stomach stretches long and lean...and in the middle dances her latest bangle on her belly button piercing.

I look at her and raise an eyebrow, "Really?!"

My 14 year old daughter has a body that most women would kill for, or at least pay good money to create.  Shee seems oblivious.

"Mom.  You don't know what they wear.  I do!  I have friends who've been.  I know!"  She is committed to this.  Adament.

Her father makes his presence felt by proclaiming, "You're not going out like that!"

Shelby screams, "YOU DON'T KNOW ANYTHING.  YES, I AM!!!"

Her main concern is really whether her gray top goes with the outfit and that she had planned to wear black sliders over white ones, but now she can't because to her, the white and gray don't match.

"Seriously!!" I think.  Who'll know.  In the dim light of the club, who can tell if one is gray and one is white. 

But she can tell. She would know.

No comments:

Post a Comment