pel*I*Can Dream

Pelicans...beautiful, awkward, strong, vulnerable...

Within everyone is a dream...

I can dream...

I hope you enjoy!



Sunday, November 17, 2013

I beat myself

I can beat myself
To the punch before
The words ever leave your mouth
I bear the blows from your words, as well as my own
And my thoughts throw darts and the pieces that are left
That my heart holds feebly as shields
With each punch I grow weaker
And yet I know that the strength is with me
And not you
For I can be the force that you can not penetrate
And that holds my head higher than you ever dreamed possible.
I can beat myself, or I can not.
With each loving thought I hold and hear I grow stronger
I can light my way
And dodge every attempt for you to douse my flame.
I am strong. I am bold.  I beat back my own punch.

No comments:

Post a Comment