pel*I*Can Dream

Pelicans...beautiful, awkward, strong, vulnerable...

Within everyone is a dream...

I can dream...

I hope you enjoy!



Sunday, January 4, 2015

Outward in Flight

Pausing, I pull myself in
My shoulders curl
My stomach sinks
I pull inward to hug myself
Without using my arms
Nothing visible
But I can feel the muscles pulling, aching
Against my spirit that longs to break free and soar
That is trying to expand her wings with joy
But doesn't know how
If only I can breathe
Deeply, openly enough
If only someone...you can see the one I'm holding back
Hold out your arms, please
Like a bird, I want to test my wings
Like a baby, I want someone to stumble to
For in spite of unsure feet, or weak wings,
I am called to stretch and take flight
Even if I don't know where I'm headed
Even if I'm fighting against it

No comments:

Post a Comment